Subject: 2 Machine Rendering
From: [email-masked] (Sean Moyer)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 17:54:49 -0400

>By the way, for better results, do not render frames 1-100 on the first
>computer and frames 101-200 on the second. What works better is to tell
>computer #1 to do frames 1-199, frame step = 2, so it does all the odd
>frames, and tell computer #2 to do frames 2-200, frame step = 2, so it does
>all the even frames. That way, the two computers stay fairly neck-and-neck
>as far as the rendering go.

Actually - the best way to render on 2 machines (IMHO) is as follows:
(Assume a 200 frame Render)

Machine 1:  Frame 1 to 200 step 1
Machine 2:  Frame 200 to 1 step -1

Like two trains heading towards each other on one track - when they meet in
the middle,  you're done.  For best results,  save images in two separate
directories,  to prevent any possible read/write conflicts.

Sean Moyer
Chedd-Angier Production Co,
Watertown, MA

--
[email-masked] (Sean Moyer) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]